First Week done, we kick-started the session with “Personal Development” which covered a range of topics including Diet, Exercise, Dressing for your body shape & Size, Modelling as an Art, Modelling as a Business, Agencies vs Freelancing, and Model Scams. Here is a sneak peak at one of the topics covered:
There are many reasons to work out. Even if you are at a healthy weight, there are benefits to exercising beyond weight loss. They include an increase in balance, strength, flexibility and energy, as well as a decreased risk for health-related diseases. Try these workouts if you don’t need to lose weight but want to stay healthy.
Moderate-Intensity Aerobic Training at Home
2 hours and 30 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity a week is recommended to maintain one’s health. That is 150 minutes that can be divided up however you want during the week. You just need to devote at least 10 minutes at a time to exercise. Going for a brisk walk, a jog, and riding a bike are examples of moderate-intensity training.
Everyone needs resistance training to keep their muscles and bones strong. Stick to a moderate intensity with 8 to 12 repetitions of each exercise, focus on all major muscle groups and do resistance training two times a week. Resistance training should be performed in conjunction with aerobic training for optimal health. It can be done with one’s own body weight such as with push-ups, or with weights such as dumbbells.
Participating in a core workout will help tone your midsection and improve your balance and overall strength. One example of a core exercise is as a sit-up or a variation of a sit up.
Take yoga or pilates to increase your flexibility, strength, breathing and health. Participating in either activity will also alleviate stress. Both offer a workout that offers health benefits without focusing on weight loss as a main goal.
Model Exercise Regime at the Gym: (Designed to Lose Weight)
- Cardio: Running (20mins min)- Speed 9-10 (burns 250-300 calories). Running helps you lose weight faster than any other aerobic classes!
- To burn more calories…put the incline up at max, and walk at speed 6.5 to 7.5 for 5-10mins in addition to your 20minute run.
- After Running, can move on to Cross Trainer (15mins) and bike (10mins) or Leg Press.
- After Cardio, do some weights: Machines or Lift! Incresing your muscle mass helps burn calories faster.
- Leg Machines to tone inner and outer leg muscles (quadriceps & Hamstrings): Leg Press, Leg Extensions, leg curl.
- Squats & Lunges are the best to tone and shape your legs, and make them look slimmer.
- Squats and Lunges are also good for the bum, but Hip Raises are best!
- Sit ups, crunches and Side Bends are best for your stomach & abs!
- Also use machines for biceps & triceps (keep to small weights and go for longer).
- Forward and lateral (side) raises of weights (2kg)- for wide shoulders
- Push ups are great for triceps and upper body! This also helps your upper body core strength. Bend Knees if you can do it with straight legs.
- Recommend Video for Toning Up Exercises! Easily be done at home! Called “10minute solutions: Belly, But & Thigh Blasters”: http://www.amazon.co.uk/10-Minute-Solution-Belly-Blasters/dp/B002SZQC48/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1328719311&sr=8-2