As well as being very tasty and quite filling, this easy-to make smoothie will give you the energy you need to start off your day and provide many essential nutrients for you body. It is very high in vitamins A and C (from Lemon, Kiwi & Blueberries), which promote healthy skin and hair. It is very high in Vitamin E and anti-oxidants (from Blueberries & Kiwi). This smoothie recipe is also high in fiber (from porridge oats) to protect the colon and potassium (from Kiwi’s) to protect the heart. The yogurt in the smoothie contains potassium and calcium, for transmission of nerve impulses, proper function of muscles and for strong bones and teeth, as well as vitamin B12 which supports energy levels.
By adding these super fruits to your smoothie recipe you ensure you’re getting the most vitamin and antioxidant bang for you buck. You are also making the need for a daily multivitamin unnecessary. Remember that nutrition FROM FOOD is far superior and the overall efficacy of daily multivitamins has still not been conclusively proven.
- 1 Apple
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Pear
- ½ a Squeezed Lemon
- ¾ Glass Apple & Mango Fruit Juice ( or any other fruit juice)
- 1 Small Fruit Yogurt
- A handful of Porridge Oats
- ½ a Handful Frozen Fruit (Summer Berries or Black Forest Berries)
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
Prep Time: 3 mins.
Blend Time: 2 mins.
Total Time: 5 mins.
Yield: This recipe makes 2 servings
- To significantly reduce preparation and blending time try using a high end smoothie blender.