There were a lot of stand-out outfits at the Grammys this year, some better than others, but it was clear everyone was dressed to impress. Madonna’s bottom-scrunchie affair may be described as the most gasp-worthy and Rihanna’s pink Giambattista Valli creation definitely split critic views. So here is a list of some of the best and worst dressed at the Grammys 2015.
BEST DRESSED GRAMMYS 2015
- BEST DRESSED WINNER: Taylor Swift in a gorgeous Elie Saab Dress- We love Taylor swift’s outfit. Her dress really does show off her best assets, including her tiny waist and never-ending legs! The Elie Saab number is colourful, elegant and unique enough to stand out on the red carpet. The blue-green shade complements her hair and skin colour perfectly. The purple open strappy heels are an unlikely but perfect finish to the entire outfit.
- Ariana in Vercace: Fun, sleek and pure- The combination of silver and white in this dress matches Ariana’s cool tones perfectly whilst accentuating her delicate shoulder-line, toned arms and slim legs. We love it!
- Iggy Azalea in Giorgio Armani: Who doesn’t love some royal blue once in a while?! Iggy certainly pulls off this gorgoes Armaini dress, fitted to the tee, yet has just the right amount of detail to make it a perfect red carpet choice.
- Jessie J in Ralph and Rasso Couture: Black gets boring sometimes, but not with Jessie J’s Ralph and Rasso outfit! The sheer look definitely shows off her slim figure, whilst the length floral embellishments adds a unique flare to the dress. We love it!
WORST DRESSED GRAMMYS 2015
- Rihanna in Giambattistu Valli Couture: Rihanna, normally has some of the best outfits at the Grammy’s, but this year, she has definitely fallen short with this outfit. Although the salmon pink complements her colouring well, the empire waistline and extra fabric of the dress lets her down considerably.
- Anna Kendrick in a Band of Outsiders Tuxedo: This outfit simply does not work, it has been done before in the past with other celebrities, and it can definitely work on the right person. However, Anna’s gold tones in her hair simply does not complement the black tuxedo. Her chest is also left too bare, making the whole outfit very unbalanced. A definite fail.
- Lady Gaga in Plunging Brandon Maxwell Design: Another epic fail. This dress cheapens Lady Gaga’s overall look. Although the colour works well with her silver toned hair, her dropped v-neckline and front slit on the dress unfortunately makes the whole outfit quite cringe-worthy.
- Madonna in Givenchy. Ahh, Madonna…Where do we start! Madonna certainly knows how to make an entrance. Madonna’s Grammy red carpet look caused some mixed feedback on twitter. The outfit had some asking what the megastar was thinking, while others loved the outfit. I am absolutely not a fun. The style and colour do nothing for her lovely figure or colouring. Why, Madonna? Probably the worst dressed yet. Another epic fail.
Your personal Stylist,
Numba Pinkerton x